Elder Scadden

Elder Scadden

Where's Gregory?

Where's Gregory?
Gregory is now home.
This is a moderated BLOG. Gregory does not make posts nor does he read or monitor this BLOG. His family maintains it for him.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The First Epistle of Elder Scadden

We got a short letter from Gregory yesterday. What excitement. Here are excerpts in his own own words. He mentions Jodi Khater. She was his Arabic professor at NC State and she and her husband were the leaders of Gregory's Study Abroad trip to Egypt last summer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have completed my first day here at the MTC and it as been absolutely Amazing!.....6:30 woke up in my temporary housing and attempted to shower but that building does not receive hot water, though I did grit my teeth and washed my hair and face....I have to take a 4 week pill immunization for typhoid. We heard from our MTC Presidency in the afternoon, Obedience, Obedience, Obedience! I believe I am up to the challenge with the Lord's help. There a total of 7 Albania missionaries....Elder Fisher (my companion) and I are getting along well....Our group of Albanians is called a district...I have been called as District Leader....We are not in a Branch by ourselves, but we also have the Hungarian Elders and Sisters...Jodi Khater is a good friend of the first counselor in our Branch presidency....I like the missionaries here very much, they really are wonderful people....today has been exciting, but long.

I am so happy to be here, I'm so excited for the work!...Know that I am in good hands, they take good care of us here. The food is acceptable, the people are great, and the Spirit of God is here....The Church is true, I know it, and these people here have been called by a prophet of God. I love the Lord......I hope you all enjoyed the snow!....

No comments:

Post a Comment