Elder Scadden

Elder Scadden

Where's Gregory?

Where's Gregory?
Gregory is now home.
This is a moderated BLOG. Gregory does not make posts nor does he read or monitor this BLOG. His family maintains it for him.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Week 5??

Wow! I've been here longer, or almost so, than I was in Egypt! Crazy. This week has been yet another excellent week. Though, the days flow together and it is hard to tell the difference from one day to the next. I hope everyone at home is well. I am quite excited because apparently I have 2 packages on the way from my sister Sarah and Jenni. BTW I do want everyone to know, that on Wednesdays I sometimes get letters off before I get Dearelders, so my letters might not have anything to do with Dearelders, but my emails will. I hope that makes sense.

What interesting thing has happened this week? This week feels like it has been relatively unremarkable... The Hungarians finally got their Kichie (young one) A solo elder. He got mobbed by 9 Hungarians today when he arrived. He will be well loved for the next 5 weeks. We do not get young ones.

They are kicking us out of our dorm, I have to pack and unpack again before my trip to Albania! Lame! It is a good thing that Elder Fisher and I keep our room pretty clean. They are going to renovate our dorm, so they are moving us to another one.

Mum asked me how to say something to the extent of I am having a joyful day in Albania. Sot, kam gazim means today, I have joy. They often speak that way. You could also say Sot, Po Gazoj which means today I am rejoicing.

I do want to let everyone know that even though it is hard work here, every day is an excellent day. Everyday I see the had of God in my life. He surely blesses us. I still sleep very poorly here, but by the graces of the Lord I am the only member of the district who has not fallen asleep in class. That isn't to say that I don't get tired, but the Lord gives me strength far beyond my own and propels my mind. Also, as we remain positive the days go flying by even faster, and we continue to grow.

This week we have been SYL'ing (speak your language) but I am terrible at it. Elder Fisher and I try hard, but often after we say something in Albanian we have to then say it in English to each other. I have heard time and time again that I need not fret about the language, that I will get it, especially once out in the field. I am trying to take that to heart, but tomorrow is the first time we have to give a lesson in Albanian, and we are all anxious about it. Hopefully it will go well.

So I am extremely excited for Bradley, Richard, John, Andrew and Matt. Bradley's papers will be in very soon, however I doubt he will be hear before I leave. But by this summer we will see all 5 of them out, that is pretty crazy! The Lord has need of willing men that wear the workers seal!

Once I am in Albania, the mail may arrive at the Mission home in a timely manner, but if I am in any other city (Lushnia, Durres, Shkodur, Vlore, or Elbasan) it may take sometime for the mail to get to me, since someone from the mission home has to bring it to us, or someone from our mission must go retrieve it. I hope the wait is not too long, but the further away the greater time (therefore, Vlorr or Shkodur would take a while)

I have been thinking about going into the field, I am extremely excited about it, I cannot wait for it to be here! I know I won't know much by then, but the language will come! What I need to know is the gospel, so I can teach it simply!

I apologize for the insufficientness of this email. I'll be honest, I am quite confident they will be immensely more interesting once I am in the field. Thank you for all the dearelders and letters. they are truly a blessing in my life. Christ is our savior, I know it to be true. Everyone take care! Next week will be here in a blink!

Love,
Elder Scadden

No comments:

Post a Comment