Elder Scadden

Elder Scadden

Where's Gregory?

Where's Gregory?
Gregory is now home.
This is a moderated BLOG. Gregory does not make posts nor does he read or monitor this BLOG. His family maintains it for him.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

2nd Try

Ok, lost my other email, so I have half the normal time to write.

Only 4 more P-days here at the MTC! We are really over the hill now! I am worried about the language, I am terrible at it, though I would be worse if it were not for the strength the Lord is giving me. If I can leave here and really testify from my heart I believe I will be happy. It is easy to get frustrated here, but fortunately prayers help us to keep going. One of my favourite things to say in Albanian is Jam E Po Humb!!! (I am losing it! LOL) also, for those who might care, to say I came, I saw, I conquered in Albanian is Erdha E Pash E Pushtova!! Yes, I am enjoying this language, even though it is slow going.

I do not have an exact departure date yet, though we believe we will be leaving at 5amish on the 6th of April.

For Albania there is no visa here, we go there, we pay for a stamp, and then, because we will be living there for awhile, we go to a police station and fill out some papers.

Wow I really don't have much time.

Time is flying here, things are moving along. I am so incredibly excited to get into the country, you have no idea! I might not be able to speak, but it is the spirit that converts, not my words, and I know this message is true! When I get off that plane, the first thing I'm gonna say to my mission president is when do I get to talk to people! Oh it will be scary, sure, but if I trust in the Lord there is nothing to fear, nothing at all. To be honest I think the TRC is scarier than talking to real Albanians (the TRC is a practice teaching thing that we now do in Albanian and we are not very good at it. The people we are teaching are all return missionaries who know the language.) The reason it is scarier is because you think that you are only going to get negative feedback (which is not true, we are irrationally afraid of the RC) but Albanians Love to talk to Americans that try to learn their language, and they will happily, and nicely, correct you. Of course, I will also get yelled and some people will be rude, but such is the case with the human race, we all have such moods sometimes. I am so excited!!!!

The Lord is still blessing me with health and strength. Everyday I have more energy than I should.

I love you all, I get so much support from home. Thank you so much for your prayers and for your words, please, don't stop! I find a great deal of strength from the home front. God be with you all.

Love, Elder Scadden

No comments:

Post a Comment