Elder Scadden

Elder Scadden

Where's Gregory?

Where's Gregory?
Gregory is now home.
This is a moderated BLOG. Gregory does not make posts nor does he read or monitor this BLOG. His family maintains it for him.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

20 days to go!

So there are only 20 days to go before I am en route to Albania! We will get our flight plans a week from tomorrow WOOHOO!! It is amazing that the day of departure is finally in sight! I am so pumped! Unfortunately some of my fellow elders lack that enthusiasm (while others share it) because they are so afraid about how bad they are at the language. We keep trying to tell them that we all are terrible, me especially (I think I am one of the worst actually, but that causes me no fear). The language is coming along, and I know that once I am in the country my development in the language will really speed up.

Our first day there is going to rock something awesome. While President Neil interviews half of us, the other half will be taken out onto the streets with the Assistants and will do street contacting!! How awesome is that? I cannot wait to be talking to real Albanians even if we will have problems communicating, it will be so extremely exciting! More good news: We get to participate in the Draper Temple dedication! Wow! The assembly hall here will become an extension of the temple! It is going to be exciting, I really do not remember the dedication of our temple, this will be quite enjoyable.

Hahaha MORE good news, last night we were blessed to hear from Elder L.Tom Perry, 2 apostles in my tour here at the MTC! That was really excellent. He spoke about being unified with out companions. Its definitely something I need to work on, but Elder fisher and I get along OK. I am very interested to know what kind of person my trainer will be, I hope he is not someone I have to go Army on to get them to do what they need to do.

Even though some of our distract is intimidated about getting to the country so quickly, there exists a strong fervor to go forth and do the Lords work. We do have a good bunch of Missionaries.

Today I want to talk about somethings that are GOOD about the MTC, since I usually bellyache about it. First and foremost, the Tuesday evening devotionals, wither given by a 70 or by an Apostle, are excellent and always insightful. Here so much spiritual growth occurs, there is so much more that I know now about teaching the gospel than I did before. I think one of the coolest things is being together in a big mass of missionaries singing the Hymns of God, there is such power when 2000 missionaries raise their voices up in praise!

Gym is actually quiet excellent (btw to all incoming missionaries who read this, USE YOUR GYM TIME! You will be totally exhausted if you do not do things at gym. I've seen it reflected in a number of missionaries). In gym we run 2 out of the 5 days, do just upper body 2 other days, and run a circuit the other day, which is an awesome everything work out. I believe I have gotten in better shape here than I have been in almost a year, even with the Army.

OH one of the very best things here at the MTC is the movie time after the Sunday evening Fireside, every other week they show Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration, which is SUCH a powerful and moving movie, I have yet to see it without being moved to tears. They also show the Testaments and Legacy, they alternate. They also show powerful talks by apostles and 70. I have gone to 2 of these and have been extremely well instructed. So when it comes down to it, the MTC is really an excellent and amazing place. Last week I had had my worst week at the MTC and it seems that it is the same week for most 12 weekers. Well now the end is in sight, and now that I can see the light, I realize just all the wonderful things I have experienced here and how much I have grown. I am also stunned by how fast it has gone by. Before it had felt like I had been here an eternity, but now it feels like I've barely been here at all. I am so super pumped to get there!

I know that this work is real, that this is the work of God. Jesus Christ is our savior, and today the Heavens are open, God speaks to mankind, revelation is a now and present thing. I know it to be true.

Until next week!
God be with you.
Elder Scadden

No comments:

Post a Comment