Elder Scadden

Elder Scadden

Where's Gregory?

Where's Gregory?
Gregory is now home.
This is a moderated BLOG. Gregory does not make posts nor does he read or monitor this BLOG. His family maintains it for him.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 2!

The 2nd week has been good. I do not think I am working hard enough. It is frustrating. The language continues to be a huge barrier, but I know that one day, sometime while I am here, I will be able to effectively communicate. It doesn't seem like it will happen, but I know it will!

Some of our members are really progressing, others are really regressing. Pride is such a stumbling block, and I also have to remember that these new members don't know anything about the gospel.

The Lord continues to bless me more than I could hope for. Missionary work is tough, but not that tough. I need to be better at stopping people on the street.

I eat TONS here, but I don't appear to be gaining weight, probably because we walk everywhere and run 3 times a week and work out too.

It is an honor and a privilege to be serving here in Shkodur. In the mission this is thought to be the hardest place to start because they speak a dialect that is different from that which they teach us in the MTC. It should pay off down the road, or at least I hope it will!

I love and miss you all, thank you very much for your prayers and support, may God be with you all!

Love
Elder Scadden

No comments:

Post a Comment